Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Don't Judge.

To the uninitiated, I could see why you would assume I had some issues. I stay up all night long, doing god knows what, only to come home with rings of white powder lining my nostrils (not to mention the white hand prints on my pants, the dusting of fine white powder on my shoes, in my hair, etc...). Yes, I see your point. I have a problem. A huge problem, in fact. I'm addicted to carbs. *hangs head in shame* The only difference between me and the people so erroneously hooked on the "other" white powder, the less fun one, is that skinny is certainly not a side effect of my drug of choice. This is a good thing if you ask me. I'm quite proud of my cornbread-fed, super-stacked bodaciousness. And I shall continue to feed its insatiable desire for all things sugary and delicious. Call me whatever you want, just don't call me a quitter. These were damn delicious and contributed significantly to my thighs, as I'm pretty sure anything caramelized goes to the leg region. Any who, I present to you, my nonexistent readers, some totally bitchin' cupcakes. Honey Tangerine-Meyer Lemon Jaconde Soaked in Caramelized Sour Citrus Vanilla Bean Syrup, Dipped in Vanilla Infused Sugar and Topped with Bruleed Meyer Lemons. These are a recipe I developed for the vegetarian-kosher restaurant I currently work at, so I'll post the recipe when I quit and move. Hahaha. If you REALLY want it, leave a comment with your email address and I might just send it to ya. Until then, feel free to gaze lustfully at my mad photo skillzzzz. I would please like to point out that I am a real, live pastry chef working real, live pastry chef hours. I get off at 6am. I work in the dark. Or in florescent lighting, which may as well be the dark as far as I'm concerned. Pffft. So don't make fun. Here you go.



DAMN IT! I told you not to mock it. I know you re saying snarky comments behind its back. I assure you, it was beautifully complex and had a wonderful personality. So, whatever. I'm a terrible photographer. I apologize. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. It makes me feel better to know that other people have long names for their complicated cupcakes, too (Vanilla Bean Chardonnay Cupcakes with Vanilla-Poached Quince and Rose-Flavored Buttercream Roses, anyone?)

    Also, those look really good even in the dark.

    Also, I added your blog to my ever-growing Cooking Blogs Pipe, so you know someone is reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may love you, Miss Anna. Just so you know. What with the violet marshmallows and the cherry poppin' comments. You're spectacular.

    ReplyDelete